Tropical Fruit Salad (fresh,V,RV,Paleo,SG,GF,LC) -click more for recipe
Yellow– mango, star fruit
Red/ pink– strawberries, raspberries, goji berries (rehydrated)
Orange– papaya, oranges, cantaloupe
Blue/ Violet/Black– blueberries, blackberries
White– dragonfruit, logan/ lychee
Green– kiwi, honeydew melon
Almond Citrus Sauce
3-4 tablespoons smooth almond butter
1 tablespoon agave nectar or honey
2 tablespoon Meyer lemon juice or lime juice
1/2 cup orange juice
pinch of sea salt
Water if needed to thin out
sliced toasted almonds
-few thyme leaves
1. In a bowl whisk all the ingredients to a smooth sauce adding more orange juice or water if needed. Alternately, in a tightly fitted glass jar add all the ingredients and shake vigorously till well blended. I prefer the latter method ( saves cleaning). Stays well for a week refrigerated. Makes about 1 cup of sauce.
2. Wash clean all the fruits.
3. If you have any fancy chopping or carving tool, now is a time to get it out and use it.
4. Cut and prepare the fruits. Garnish. Drizzle the sauce if desired or serve on the side.
- See more at: http://www.olivenginger.com/tropical-fruit-salad-with-almond-citrus-sauce/#sthash.mvYMTcod.dpuf